Our basic beliefs are taken from the Bible and used to keep our leadership unified in our teaching. This helps us avoid unnecessary controversy by establishing a few basics up front. You do not have to know or understand all of these things in order to attend the church. Whether you've never read the Bible or you have it memorized, you are welcome at LW.
In humility, we believe…
1. The Bible is the inspired word of God, without error in the original writings, the complete revelation of His will for the salvation of people and the divine and final authority for faith and life.
2. In one God, Creator of all, infinitely perfect and eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
3. That Jesus is truly God and truly man, conceived of the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin Mary. He died on the cross, the perfect sacrifice for our sins, fulfilling the prophecies of the scriptures. Further, He arose physically from the dead, ascended into heaven, where at the right hand of God He is our High Priest and Advocate.
4. The ministry of the Holy Spirit is to glorify the Son, to convict sinners, and to indwell, guide, instruct and empower believers for Godly living and service.
5. That people were created in the image of God but fell into sin and are, therefore, separated from God by that sin. Only through the work of the Holy Spirit can salvation be obtained.
6. That the shed blood of Jesus Christ and His resurrection provide the only ground for justification and salvation for all who believe, and only those who receive Christ are born of the Holy Spirit and are children of God.
7. That water baptism and the Lord’s Supper are ordinances to be observed by the Church. They are, however, not to be regarded as a means of grace or salvation.
8. The Church is composed of all persons who, through saving faith in Jesus Christ, have been regenerated by the Holy Spirit, united together in the Body of Christ of which He is the head.
9. All ministry decisions in the local church are to be made by believing, attending, committed members of the ministry.
10. Jesus is Lord of all and head of the church, and every local assembly has the right, under Christ, to govern its own affairs.
11. In the personal premillennial and imminent coming of Jesus Christ.
12. In the bodily resurrection of the dead; of everlasting life with God for believers; of eternal separation from God in hell for unbelievers.